Just like PLog, PLog Environmental is PDA-based software. However, instead of recording borehole logging data, PLog Environmental enables you to create an entire work order for field personnel so that personnel are guided through collecting field measurements and laboratory samples for boreholes, water wells, gas wells, surface water features and QA samples.
What can you do with PLog Environmental?
This data management system helps you perform and complete common tasks in less time with less effort. Tasks include:
· create detailed work orders for personnel to utilise in the field;
· collect field samples for laboratory testing;
· collect field chemistry measurements;
· electronic chain of custody (eCOC™) form generation;
· data verification;
· report generation; and
Complete electronic data system from field – to lab – to office
When LSpecs, PLog Environmental and ESdat are used in combination it is possible to develop a complete electronic record of a fieldwork programme from the planning stage to submission of lab samples to import of field data to analysis and reporting.
This system will help you save time on field note transcription, correcting transcription errors, correcting laboratory schedules submitted as part of the chain of custody and briefing technicians on handover at a site – PLog Environmental will tell the technician where and what to sample.
Prevent errors in field sampling and laboratory analysis
There are a number of features in the LSpecs – PLog Environmental which help to prevent common errors in field data collection such as:
· Each sample is given a unique identifier automatically by the software, thus preventing duplicate sample IDs for a single project.
· You specify the container (type, volume and number of) for each sample. There is even a reference list of sample standards you can set up and make available to personnel in case they cannot recall container details for a sample type.
· When you use LSpecs to create a work order for PLog Environmental you can enter maximum and minimum values appropriate for the project for each field parameter measurement type. Field personnel are notified if a value entered exceeds the maximum and minimum values appropriate for the project and has the option to save or revise the data.
· For all sample types (water, soil and gas and QA samples) you can specify which laboratory tests are to be performed on individual samples. LSpecs enables you to generate an electronic chain of custody (eCOC™) form which prevents analysis assignation errors during lab sample check-in.
· PLog Environmental will tell you when sampling of a specific monitoring point has been overlooked or is missing.
Sample Delivery Groups and QA/QC
LSpecs enables you to define one or more sample delivery groups for a project. Each sample collected may be assigned to a sample delivery group. This is particularly important when there are multiple sample groups going to multiple laboratories.
PLog Environmental includes capabilities to collect QA/QC samples (Rinse, Trip Blank, Matrix Spikes, etc.) for each sample delivery group so project quality standards are maintained across the project.
Field chemistry measurements
PLog Environmental is able to record up to 10 unique field chemistry parameters for a project (pH, temperature, redox, conductivity, etc.). As many test results as necessary may be recorded until a stabilised reading is reached.
PLog Environmental is also able to record slug test data.
Electronic chain of custody (eCOC™) generation
PLog Environmental collects all the field data necessary to generate your electronic chain of custody (eCOC™). Simply synchronise PDA data to your PC and transfer the data to LSpecs to generate your eCOC™ form. eCOC™ facilitates rapid identification of inconsistencies between lab requests and deliverables at the touch of a button – especially useful when you have large datasets.
Demonstration of software/Purchase
Click here to arrange a demonstration of PLog Environmental or to purchase.
Copyright © 2011 J.Blackwell. Groundwater Solutions.